Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
Upon successful completion of this course you will be issued with a Statement of Attainment for the unit HLTAID001 - Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
This Statement of Attainment is nationally recognised.
- Access to the Internet. (Some of this course is delivered online)
- A webcam attached to your computer (or a smartphone - call us to learn how to use your phone as a webcam)
- A driver's licence or other form of photo-identity (such as a passport or 18+ card)
- Ability to attend our training centre at 52 Grice Street Clontarf, to attend a practical assessment. You can use our online booking system to arrange a practical assessment at a date and time that suits you
- A English language, Literacy and Numeracy skill level of 2 is required to complete this course
Our course is divided into the following parts:
- Student Identification
- Responding to an emergency situation
- Performing CPR procedures
- Communicating details of the incident
- Practical CPR assessment
You are able to complete Parts 1 to 4 which are online assessments at a time and place that suits you, including at our Training and Assessment Centre if you prefer.
Part 5 is a practical assessment which must be conducted at our Training and Assessment Centre unless other arrangements have been made with your trainer.
You can complete all aspects of this course without paying. However, Inscope Training will require full payment of $80 before we will issue you with a Statement of Attainment. You will have immediate access to your Statement of Attainment and Tax Invoice once payment has been processed by Inscope Training.
The Assessment Process
All of the on-line parts of this course require a 100% pass mark. You will be provided with all of the information and resources you need to achieve this.
If you answer a question incorrectly, you will be taken back 2 questions and presented with a different set of questions. It is therefore strongly advised that you should NOT attempt to click or guess your way through this course. If you are unsure of an answer to a question, you should watch the resource provided for you.
If you are still having problems with answering a question, you can contact an Inscope Trainer who will assist you. The trainer's contact number is listed under the Contact Us tab on the Inscope Training's webpage.
During the practical assessment you will be required to answer several benchmark questions as well as demonstrate your ability to safely and effectively perform CPR in a simulated environment.
You should note that there is a mandatory requirement for you to demonstrate your ability to perform 4 minutes of continuous chest compressions on both an adult and child manikin in a realistic scenario, before you can be issued with a Statement of Attainment for this course. If this will present a problem for you, please contact us before you commence this course.
All practical assessments are conducted at our Training & Assessment Centre located at 56 Grice Street Clontarf unless other arrangements have been made with an Inscope Trainer.
Inscope Training expects all students to adhere to the behaviour and discipline requirements as outlined in our student handbook.